Saturday, March 5, 2011

Here Come the Forerunners!

      I can't help but to feel grateful with what God did today in our District Four Youth leadership event. He is indeed in the business of preparing and launching youth leaders in the 4th district of Laguna!
     Each of us were edified as we sang praises to God, shared our youth groups' updates and struggles, joined the games and listened to God's Word. The youth leaders' own stories reflect hope amidst challenging ministry experiences. Their unwavering faith is a testimony itself of God's zeal for His body.

     I was glad to meet new people, particularly the youth leaders from Kalayaan.
They are young Christians but are really zealous in serving God. We were even encouraged when Ptr. Raul shared his heart and dreams for the youth of District Four. During that time, I realized that the struggles each youth group are facing are just stepping stones to enjoy what God has in store for them (our group included!). Thank God for the wisdom He is laying in the hearts of His people. Thank God for such people who have the heart of a forerunner and are willing to respond to His call.


May this song (Awakening) be the prayer of our hearts:

In our hearts, Lord, in this nation    
Awakening
Holy Spirit, we desire
Awakening
For You and You alone
Awake my soul, awake my soul and sing
For the world You love
Your will be done, let Your will be done in me
In Your presence, in Your power
Awakening
For this moment, for this hour
Awakening
For You and You alone
Awake my soul, awake my soul and sing    
For the world You love
Your will be done, let Your will be done in me
For You and You alone
Awake my soul, awake my soul and sing
For the world You love
Your will be done, let Your will be done in me

Like the rising sun that shines
From the darkness comes a light
I hear Your voice and this is my
Awakening
Like the rising sun that shines
Awake my soul, awake my soul and sing
From the darkness comes a light
Awake my soul, awake my soul and sing
"He must become greater; I must become less.”  John 3:30

2 comments:

  1. forerunners... i love it. praising God your vision casting went well. :)

    ReplyDelete