Thursday, January 20, 2011
Why Eat Kimchi?
At last after two years I was able to taste kimchi again. But then my insides some sort of heated up. Since I experienced gastritis, my stomach overreacts the moment it accommodates what it considers foreign (oo, foreign ang kimchi!). But man, it tastes soooooo good!
I tried to research the health benefits of this food (so that I may have reasons to tell my parents when they see me bringing home a bottle). Here are some:
1. it promotes healthy digestion
2. it cleanses your intestines; it helps heal ulcers.
3. it helps clear up UTI's
4. it helps lower blood cholesterol! It's an artery-purifier.
5. it aids in blood clotting
6. its ingredients contain high amount of fiber, vitamins A and C and iron.
7. it contains stuffs which have antioxidant properties
for additional facts, click this link.