Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Keeping my eyes on the prize

It's time to review my goals. Upon reading Elizabeth George's book, I've been challenged to walk the extra mile in pursuing my calling. Even now I'm being energized to add a dash of excellence in preparing the materials for GMYX, planning the Sunday School Classes, Break 5 meetings and leadership group discussions.


I've been trying to balance my time and check my priorities. Great is the temptation to eat the bread of idleness. God wants us to be good stewards of our time, talents and treasures. 


I think, what I've been doing now aligns with my goals. I have been...


..reading a book that motivates me to do a careful planning and put it into action. yeah, i am having a hard time when it comes to doing the plan. (Small Changes for a Better Life)


...reviewing my notes at cbs-asia. i got used into analyzing, not memorizing. Right now, I am wondering how i am going to sharpen my memory. It is an indispensable skill in preaching and teaching. 


...trying to figure out and analyze the scheme of things in our Church history. I've been longing to give concrete answers to the questions the young people use to ask.


...planning how i'm gonna bring the sunday school classes to the next level (by God's grace). right now I won't be able to do what I've been doing, since Jasmine attended the class (which is to speak in pure tagalog). I think God wants me to practice on how to teach and minister to people of different races. whoa! the desire for the nations is still in my heart!


...doing household chores... rearranging my room.


...reading proverbs. I want to grow in wisdom.


Like what Paul said, I do not run aimlessly. I run to win the prize. I want to hit the mark of His high calling in my life. God is worthy of such. So help me God:)

No comments:

Post a Comment