Monday, February 1, 2010

Uhaw


ISAIAH 12
Songs of Praise
 1 In that day you will say:
       "I will praise you, O LORD.
       Although you were angry with me,
       your anger has turned away
       and you have comforted me2 Surely God is my salvation; 
       I will trust and not be afraid.
       The LORD, the LORD, is my strength and my song;
       he has become my salvation."
 3 With joy you will draw water 
       from the wells of salvation
.
 4 In that day you will say:
       "Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name;
       make known among the nations what he has done,
       and proclaim that his name is exalted.
 5 Sing to the LORD, for he has done glorious things;
       let this be known to all the world.
 6 Shout aloud and sing for joy, people of Zion,
       for great is the Holy One of Israel among you."

Related texts:
PSALM 63:1 O God, you are my God,
earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you,
my body longs for you,
in a dry and weary land
where there is no water.


John 4:13 Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life
Psalm 1:2-3 -Blessed is the man ....whose delight is in the law of the Lord,
and on his law he meditates day and night.
3He is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever he does prospers.
Jeremiah 17:7-8- "But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit."

No comments:

Post a Comment